When it comes to auto maintenance, here are a few numbers to remember. But keep in mind, it is still best to refer to your manufacturer’s service recommendations:
- Oil level– Is it already low? Does it need a refill? Does it have a leak?
- *Hoses– Does it look like it’s bulging? Rotten? Or brittle?
- *Belts– Are they already worn out? Frayed on the edges?
- Tyre Pressure– Do you have the correct tyre pressure as discussed in this article?
- *Coolant or Anti-freeze– Is it already low? Does it need a refill? Does it have a leak?
- Air filters– Is it dirty? Does it need replacement?
- Tyres– Does it have bulges? Any damages?
EVERY 3 MONTHS:
- *Oil and Oil Filter– as a general rule, change every 3,000 miles or as recommended by manufacturer
- Windshield Washer Fluid– Is it already low? Does it need a refill? Does it have a leak?
- Power Steering Fluid– Is it already low? Does it need a refill? Does it have a leak?
- *Transmission Fluid-Is it already low? Does it need a refill? Does it have a leak?
- Battery Terminals and Cables– Check for corrosion.
- Lights– Test if lights and turn signals are working.
EVERY 6 MONTHS:
- Wiper Blades– Is it already smeary when turned on? Replace if it is
- Horn– Is it still in good working condition?
- *Brakes– Check for wear and tear. Refer to this article here.
- Spare Tires– Ensure that it has air inside!
- *Exhaust System– Any rust? Loose parts?
- *Shocks– Check for oil seepage or wear
Those with asterisk (*) needs to be checked by a skilled mechanic. Why not head over to Roverworks so we can check your vehicle? We offer FREE full Safety Check and Diagnostic Report to ensure you are ready before your road trips or even determine problems for Roadworthy test.
Roverworks is Canberra’s top choice for automotive repairs, parts and maintenance. Our mechanic team specialises in Land Rover and Range Rover models, in addition to servicing of 4x4s, off-road and other car models. Visit our shop for a quick check-up or consultation, repairs, maintenance and parts.